




I made matches to each of these- so they each have one of each print. I have two more that I can't get a picture of right now. They are hanging in the girls' closet and I am not going in there- sleeping babies.
Maybe I shouldn't call it my newest hobby...Truth is, I have dabbled in sewing for many years(at least 10 or 12). I am a self taught sewer so the real seamstress would probably stroke at some of my techniques.
I have never had anyone to sew something "Fun" for. You know baby boys can(in my opinion)only wear the cutesie shortalls or long alls for so long. I made the boys a few shortalls and have always made curtains for the house but nothing ever really fun.
A few weeks ago I started looking at getting the girls some fall/winter clothes and was shopping around on etsy. I was floored at how much these outfits are! A simple a-line dress with elastic waist pant/ruffle--$70. Yep, you heard me correctly 70 smack-a-roos. Now, I am not slamming any of you that buy these outfits or any of you that sell them. I just know with a party of seven- my budget can't handle those prices. As a matter of fact, I believe I have found a second job. I will be selling a few outfits to pay for my own fabrics.
I ventured out with the $70 that I would have paid for "one" outfit and bought enough fabric to make each girl seven outfits. I thought, well I'll make one here and there and we'll be good to go. Nope- I started and couldn't stop. I made all seven outfits in a few days. I have bought some more fabric and have a few new patterns to work with but I am waiting...
Waiting to get the new machine my mom is giving me. My parents are in town this week and while we were talking about sewing, my mom said she had a nice machine that she'll just give me. WHAT???? I am so stinkin excited. This machine does it all and monograms. This girl couldn't be happier!
I'll update on the kiddos later.








No comments:
Post a Comment