Thursday, July 24, 2008

Summer Coming to an end...

I am such a procrastinator! This is who I am. This is who I have always been... it hasn't changed. Sheesh -having 5 kids makes hard to catch up when you wait to the last minute.

So you ask, "Where is this going?" I have known since March that my boys would be going to a new school in August. I have known that I needed to get them enrolled and get started on buying supplies. Somehow, I have managed to wait to the last minute to do all of this. So, I decided that since we only have 2 weeks until school starts I would take care of things this week. I ventured out (with all of my well behaved children) to enroll Bailey at his new school only to find out that:
1)They only take enrollments on Thursdays.
2) I have to "un" enroll him at his previous school.
3) He needs a new blue form (immunizations).

We then traveled across town to both the elementary school and the intermediate school to "un"enroll Bailey and Brady. Oh, did I mention that gas is $3.87 a gallon?

We get to each of the old schools and they simply typed something in the computer that inactivated each one. This process took a grand total of 3 minutes at each school. It took me longer to single file line my crew into the building than it took to "inactivate".

Moving on, we traveled back across town. Did I mention I had to stop and feed Riley and Reagan? Oh and that gas is $3.87 a gallon?

We get to Brady's school (they did not have restrictions on when you could enroll) and he loved it! The school looks like a castle and it is REALLY nice. The staff was super nice and they told us that his teacher would be Mrs. Edwards and he would be in one of the cottages. I thought, "WOW, how cute they have cottages? They must be in the back." So the lady is giving us a tour (yes, all of us) and she begins to show us where the cottages are. Guess what! HAHAHAHA they are TRAILERS! I thought Bailey was going to DIE LAUGHING. He said, " These are modulars!"
I guess I'm stupid for getting this cute little Hansel and Gretel image in my head.

The next day -THURSDAY, we enrolled Bailey in his new school. Now you must know that Bailey's school is what used to be the elementary school. It is now the intermediate school and I would estimate that is about 20 years old. Nice -just old. Well we pull up to Bailey's school and again I thought he would DIE LAUGHING. He said, "MOM! this is a dump I mean like a trash dump." I guess after comparing his school to Brady's it is somewhat of a let down. Any way, we finally got Bailey enrolled. We did not get much of a tour, they only do that on Friday's.


KIDDING! they were renovating. He will get to tour the school on "meet the teacher day". Overall he left fairly excited.


I am VERY excited about school starting.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

That is too funny! I can just hear Bailey saying all of that. I'm sure you are ready for some peace and quiet!!!

Followers