




I decided that it was about time to update things around here. Well, actually, it was brought to my attention by one of my Just Mommies friends.
I will just get down to business:
Bailey- Okay...where to start? We have visited an orthodontist and it has been determined that he needs braces NOW. He has a pretty bad cross bite and the orthodontist said that the sooner we start the correction process the better the chances of the rest of his teeth coming in better. So, I guess we will be getting a second opinion in the next week or so. I realize that he needs the braces but not so sure that we were quoted the best price. You know we live out here with the rich and famous, where everyone but us has money.
School is going much better for Bailey these days. He's made some new friends and fortunately he has two classmates that live in our neighborhood (just down the street). He is doing well in the academic department as well -straight A's so far.
Brady- Oh Brady such a joy! Brady can get lost in the crowd, he's such a good child. He rarely complains and simply loves life. He is a big boy this year with being in 1st grade and actually goes with the "big kids" at church now. He has matured so much since school has started. Brady brought our first illness of the season into the Wilder home. Strep Throat. The joys of childhood illness.
Brennen- I swear Brennen lives by Murphy's Law. After months of frequent asthma attacks we finally were referred to a specialist. Finding out that is is allergic to EVERYTHING. All nuts, trees, grasses, weeds, molds, etc. He was given a few new "maintenance" drugs and he is doing much better. He can no longer have nuts of any kind and we were given 2 epi-pens and a formal "plan of action" in the event that he has an anaphalaxis reaction. A funny story about Brennen:
After the specialist explained all of the "new" rules about what Brennen can and can't eat she looked at Brennen and asked him if he understood. He replied, "Yes, if I eat peanut butter and jelly, I will go to the cemetary. Then I will go to Heaven to be with God and Grandma Kelcher".
Well now, Grandma Kelcher doesn't exist. We have always teased the kids when they misbehave that we are going to call the mean grandma Kelcher to babysit them. She over time has become uglier and uglier. Warts on her nose, blah, blah, blah.
The Doctor looked at me in sympathy and said, "Oh, is Grandma Kelcher his grandmother?" I didn't have the nerve to tell her no. See, this came after I filled out ALL of Brennen's paper work using Brady's information by mistake. I thought this lady/Dr. is going to think we are all crazy.
Brennen was second to get the wonderful strep throat infection this week.
Riley and Reagan- Well the girls are growing like weeds. It is so hard to believe they have been with us 6 months. It occured to me last week that not only was the 6th of September their 6 month birthday but the one year anniversary for the big news. It was September 6th 2007 that I found out we were having twins. I can't even begin to tell you how much my life has changed in one year.
Bill- Bill has been taking "chemo" for his hepatitis C for 6 months now. Good news- the virus is officially GONE! Yes you heard me right GONE! God is so good to us! He reminded me this week that I have prayed for Bill to be cured for years and HELLO- give the Guy upstairs some credit. It is a reminder to me that our prayers are not always answered that way we imagine or in our time frame. Praise Him for being an on time God.
I had an oportunity to meet, talk and pray with a lady this week. I will call her "D". "D" is pregnant with twins which gave us come common circumstances. She also has three other children (hers are girls). She is pregnant with boys. Cool huh? Well the purpose of telling you about "D" is that she is pregnant with mono-mono twins. This what we thought we were having in the beginning and is an extremely high risk pregnancy. There is a great risk of cord entaglement and has a scary mortality rate. I would like to ask you to pray for "D", her family and her unborn boys.








1 comment:
Oh my goodness!!! I can't believe they are 6 months old already. The are so cute and getting so big...sweet little babies! And Brennen, wow, he's grown a lot since May. We need to plan a visit soon.
Post a Comment