Saturday, September 27, 2008

Croup.

Another long night...

I had to take Reagan to the Children's after hour last night. She has not been feeling well for about a week now but- no big deal. Just a cold. Yesterday at about 4:00 she started this uncontrolable scream that lasted for hours. I called the after hours hotline and finally after an hour got a nurse to call me back. We were given an 8:30(PM) appointment to see the Dr. The long and short of it is that Reagan has the croup. Now that I know what this sounds like I am convinced that Riley has it too. I'll call Dr. Hardy on Monday to see what she thinks.

I was not impressed with the after hours clinic. We have used them in the past and I thought they were great. Not this time. Maybe it was just me (in fact I am sure it was). I am sooooooo sleep deprived and anyone that knows me, knows I am no good if I don't get to bed by 8:30 :) I was aggrevated with the Dr. because he didn't/couldn't give Reagan IMMEDIATE relief. She just cried and cried and cried. And the nurse was SERIOUSLY more interested in whether I was related to Laura Ingalls Wilder. I am not kidding.

I think I need to hire a private physician to just be on call for the Wilder's.

No comments:

Followers