Sunday, March 8, 2009

Double Digits



Well it is official. I have a child in the double digits. Un-stinkin believable!!! My Mom asked me yesterday if I felt old. My response was, mostly sentimental. It sad for me to think that we are more than halfway through our time with him. I know, I know, I just mean that in another 7-10 years he will be a grown boy and move away to have a family of his own. I realize that doesn't mean that we loose him - it is just another season. Pastor David Platt has said that our time here is a mist in comparison to eternity. WOW- I'm looking forward to eternity! Until then, I will treasure my moments and shake my head in disbelief that another year has gone faster than the year before it.

I sat last night thinking about Bailey and what a sweet heart he has-just like his Dad. He is a worrier, a perfectionist, a prankster (like his mom), a helper, a good listener (although he IS learning to talk back-thinking that has something to do with being ten?), compassionate. Bailey loves the Lord and wants his friends to love the Lord. I am truly blessed.

One of my favorite stories about Bailey is the day we painted his room. Bailey was about 3 years old and we were re-decorating his baby room to a "big" boy room. We went to the local home store and picked out paint. He wanted blue. So we got all of the neccessary supplies and headed home. On the way home I realized he was crying in the back seat. I said, "honey, why are you crying?" He said, "you are painting my room BLACK!" What I realized after talking with him is that he saw the bristles on the paint brush(black) and thought that this was the color his room would be. There are many more stories about Bailey and I love to tell everyone of them.

I probably will not post many pictures from Bailey's party. He is having four friends spend the night on Friday. Go ahead and start praying for me. We have one more birthday this week- Bill's. Although we will celebrate, I doubt he will allow me to get many pictures of him. Oh and uh, 3 birthday cakes in 6 days is not good with the diet.

1 comment:

SouthernDogwoods said...

Hey Kristy! I would love to chat with you regarding my daughters' (yep, both of them have one each) hemangiomas. If you would like send me your e-mail address to pgurley4@bellsouth.net

I have just a little information about them but do not want leave you a long comment. Glad you found my blog! Your kids are adorable!!! Look forward to chatting with you!
Missy

Followers