Friday, March 6, 2009

Then and Now

Today is a bittersweet day. My babies, the last ones for sure, are turning ONE! When I think about where we were this day last year and where we are today I am in awe of our Creator. These precious babies that kept us on our toes are still doing that today-In a much different way of course. They wouldn't let their last night before turning one go without a reminder of what was. Neither of them slept all night last night- up every couple of hours. So, as much as I am sad about a birthday I am all the more excited. This is a new season. Two babies talking, two babies walking, two babies laughing. Thank you to all of my closest that help me stay sane and lifted my spirits when I had days with no sleep. Thank you to those that picked up the slack for me in areas that I neglected. With out our Father and His words and works through you this would have been a much tougher year.

I want to tell you a quick story before I post pictures.

I took the girls yesterday for their "birthday" pictures. Like most moms, I had high expectations. I dressed them in their cute little tutus and birthday shirts. I took and extra outfit for individual shots. I was geared up and ready to get precious pictures. The photographer was wonderful. She had the best attitude and was so very patient. Well, I sat Reagan down first (she is the less adventurous one) and went to get Riley out of the stroller. So far, so good. I sat Riley down on the backdrop. This is where the nightmare begins. Reagan took off (crawling). I turn around to get her, back to the backdrop...Riley is gone. You see where this is going. I chased babies for 30 minutes, literally. We didn't get individual shots, or a change of clothes, but we got the cutest pictures anyway. This is perfect example of how God has changed me through the girls. Pre-twins, this would have made me SO mad---not my plan. But I have learned that if we went my plan, we would all miss out on SO much. As soon as the pictures are available I will post them.










No comments:

Followers